[ZF] Launchpad demo of Zope 3 collector for evaluation

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Jan 22 14:38:03 EST 2007

On 22 Jan 2007, at 19:39 , Jim Fulton wrote:
> I've been working with the Launchpad team to convert the Zope3
> collector
> to use Launchpad.  We've done a test export import and the result is
> available here:
>
>   https://bugs.demo.launchpad.net/zope/+bugs
>
> (note that the URL will read "zope3" when we go into production, to
> match the reorganisation).

Any ETA on that reorganization?

> If you have a particular zope3-dev collector bug that you want to
> access, you can use the following URL:
>
>    https://bugs.demo.launchpad.net/bugs/zope3dev-$BUGID
>
> This looks great to me, but I haven't looked hard. :)
>
> It would be good for some other folks to look too.

I looked. I find the Launchpad interface a bit confusing sometimes.
Perhaps I've just gotten used to our simple collector. The other day
I had the hardest closing a bug -- I just couldn't find a button in
the interface! Admittedly, it was the first time I used the Launchpad
bugtracker. Anyway, this general Launchpad criticism probably doesn't
belong here, I shall take it up with the makers.

One thing I noticed is that Launchpad created new user accounts for
all old reporters that don't have a user account at the time of
import. I also saw that you can merge created accounts (e.g.
'philikon') with existing ones (philipp at weitershausen.de). That's
going to be essential. One thing, however, I find quite annoying: It
seems I'm not able to search for "my bugs" (or bugs assigned to any
other specific person) easily anymore. I tried typing in 'philikon',
'philikon at philikon.de' or 'philipp at weitershausen.de' for the asignee
-- nothing. I use this feature a lot and I would suspect other people
do so as well, it would suck to lose it.

> If I don't hear any comments, I'll work with the Launchpad folks
> to make the switch.

What's the ETA on that? I think we should give the zope3-dev and
zope3-users audience at least a week to get launchpad accounts.

Philipp