[ZF] Launchpad demo of Zope 3 collector for evaluation

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Mon Jan 29 01:13:51 EST 2007

On 25/01/07, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:

> > > Can we query for 'negative' tags?
> >
> > It is not currently possible to query for the absence of a tag in
> > Launchpad.  I suppose it would be needed if we mapped the Deferred
> > state like this.
>
> Yup, otherwise it won't help very much. ;)

I've filed a bug about the ability to search based on the absence of a tag:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/81575

To better understand your requirements, could you explain how you use
the "Deferred" issue status at the moment?

In other projects I've been involved in, it is usually for one of the
following cases:
 1. low priority tasks, not targetted at the next release.
 2. something that requires input from the user before the developer
can proceed.

If your use case is (1), then perhaps a combination of a low bug
importance plus use of milestones would be appropriate.  We have the
"Needs Info" bug state for use case (2) (which is what I used in the
demo import), so I guess that isn't what you want.

James.