[Committers] Re: [ZF] Re: Zope Foundation Board Election Results

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Thu Sep 20 11:34:29 EDT 2007

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 20 September 2007 10:02, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>> On 9/20/07, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
>>> was this a member-based election? I have not received an invitation to
>>> vote. Am I not a member anymore? Maybe other people did not receive the
>>> voting invitation either?
>> That's what the 'by acclamation' means; there were as many candidates
>> as positions, a vote would have been futile.
>
> Okay, got it. Thanks for explaining. I am all fine! :-)
>
> But I did not get Tres' mail either. I thought it would be enough for
> contributor memebers to be signed up for the "foundation-committers" list;
> should we subscribe to "foundation" as well?

All members of the foundation should be subscribed to the 'foundation'
list, as there may be announcements sent there and not to the
'committers' list, which is intended to be used purely to manage issues
relevant only to the committer members.

For instance, I sent an initial mail describing the overall election
process for all classes to the foundation list:

  2007-07-25   "New board elections"

and a reminder about the various deadlines across all classes:

  2007-08-23   "Board Election Status"

That said, which mail did you not get?   I sent the following mails to
the committers list:

  2007-07-25   "Nominations now open for board elections" (asking for
                nominations)

  2007-08-31   "Final reminder:  Board election nominations closing
                today"

  2007-09-08   "Committer board seat nominations" (here I announced
                that we had only two nominees, and asked for objections
                to the "by acclamation" process)

  2007-09-19   "Zope Foundation Board Election Results" (root of this
                thread)

In fact, a quick review of the list archives[1] shows that all mail to
that list over the past three months has been either from me, or in
response to my initial postings.

[1] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/foundation-committers

Tres.
- --