[ZF] [Zope-dev] Zope Source Code Repository

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 14:44:41 EDT 2009

Jim Fulton wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2009, at 2:31 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
>> For me, the ideal would be simply https for everything and using http
>> basic auth for access with more people having access to update the
>> passwd file and maybe Trac or WebSVN for a nice web interface.
>

> I absolutely *hate* using https to access subversion.

Well, I absolutely *hate* using ssh to access subversion.

> This involves
> storing a key in plane text in my home directory, which is terrible.

How do you not have the same thing with ssh?

Myself, I work from a variety of machines on a variety of different
platforms, and trying to juggle multiple public keys with undocumented
and unsupported upload facilities is painful. The alternative is to try
and juggle one public key across multiple machines and ssh
implementations which is just as painful, not to mention insecure.

> far prefer using ssh-based infrastructure for this sort of thing.

I prefer using password-protected (as opposed to key-protected) https.
What do other people prefer?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk