[ZF] Zope.org ViewVC

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Tue Mar 3 03:01:38 EST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 18:49, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
>> The "ViewSVN" for the Zope svn does not yet work perfectly.
>> Especially the "revision" view seems to be broken.
>
> In what way? I don't recall hearing any complaints about the ViewCVS
> setup for svn.zope.org.

Let me register one then: ViewVC is hopefully outdated, inconsistent,
slow and an incomplete view of subversion. I always go to
http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/ instead. Please consider switching to Trac
instead. Trac's browser view beats ViewVC any day, and it's easy to
switch off the wiki, ticket system and roadmap so you get just the
browse view.

In fact, I'd so welcome such a change that I'll volunteer to set this
up for svn.zope.org. I've already set up and maintain the jarn.com
trac instances (one per larger project) using buildout and mod_wsgi.
I'd be happy to provide the foundation with a simpler setup based on
that.

--
Martijn Pieters