[ZF] Zope.org ViewVC

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Mar 3 03:36:04 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 09:05:22AM +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2009, at 09:01 , Martijn Pieters wrote:
> > Let me register one then: ViewVC is hopefully outdated, inconsistent,
> > slow and an incomplete view of subversion. I always go to
> > http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/ instead.

Let me second that.

> > Please consider switching to Trac
> > instead. Trac's browser view beats ViewVC any day, and it's easy to
> > switch off the wiki, ticket system and roadmap so you get just the
> > browse view.

Well, there are some quirks (e.g. if you switch off the wiki, the 'help
'links at the bottom of every repository browser page don't disappear,
they just become broken).

> From an admin perspective I have always found Trac a nightmare of
> dependencies that could never be satisfied by using normal
> distribution-supplied packages. It leaves you with a hairball of
> software that must be maintained manually. My own vote on Trac is -1.

What OS do you use?  I've had good luck with Debian/Ubuntu Trac packages.
In fact, zope3.pov.lt is running Trac 0.10.4 from Ubuntu 7.10 ("Gutsy")
right now.

Marius Gedminas
--
Programs that write programs are the happiest programs in the world.
        -- Andrew Hume