[ZF] A clarification in the bylaws could be good.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Mar 20 06:56:12 EDT 2009

Hey,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
> Just a general note: We have several bylaws changes lined up already,
> and your suggestions will add new ones. We're very happy to have more
> eyes on the legalese bits, which we're still coming to grips with. The
> old board has not proposed any of them because with the election going
> on we did not want to overload the membership with both election and
> bylaws changes.

Thanks Lennart for helping us review the bylaws indeed.

I think we need to strike a good balance between protections in the
bylaws for the membership and the ability for the board to do anything
- the old bylaws were so rigid their framework severely restricted our
ability to even fix them.

The distinction between members and "members who show up" is one we
discussed, and we should definitely clarify that.

Regards,

Martijn