[ZF] A clarification in the bylaws could be good.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:01:38 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 19:26, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
> Speaking about wording, I believe the wording you suggest (e.g.
> "majority of all members of the corporation") is already in place. Was
> there any specific paragraph in the bylaws that you think is not clear?

Well, it seems everybody, except Kuchling, was mislead by the current
wording, so evidently it's not that clear. ;-)

I suggested that it should say "all members", and not just "members".
In paragraph 4.4 it says "existing members of the corporation" which
is clearer and makes a better distinction that it's not just a
majority vote amongst any members, but all existing members. Perhaps
that wording should be used in 4.7, 4.8 and 4.10 as well?

And it can also be noted that we did not reach two thirds of the
membership yesterday, unless there was proxies dealt out which was not
mentioned, so if we keep it at two-thirds, we are may have to do a
better job at rounding up the members before meetings. Which seems
like extra work we don't need. But that's of course up to the board,
if they want the work... I'm way too lazy, that's for sure. ;-)

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/