[ZF] Lennart Regebro candidate introduction

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:24:23 EST 2010

Hi everybody!

I'm an independent Zope and Plone consultant currently based in Paris.
I've been using Zope and Python for ten years now, full time since
2001. I like to talk, so since I've become independent in 2007 I've
traveled and talked on several Plone, Python and Zope conferences, but
getting into the Foundation Board is a chance for me to do something
more for the community than talk.

The Zope Foundation has mostly been quite invisible, and busy with
doing boring hard work behind the scenes. Since I'm a firm believer in
self-organization, and that it's easy for a board to stop progress by
mistake even when you are trying to help it, I think this is exactly
how a board should work. I think a board should do for a foundation
the same thing as a project manager should do for developers: Fix
problems they can't fix themselves, produce regular status reports and
otherwise keep out of their way.

I also think the Zope Community during the last year has taken great
strides forward for Zope, with the ZTK and BlueBream being the most
obvious parts. Therefore my goal, should I be elected, is to try as
best as I can to help with some of the boring bits and keep out of the
way of the community.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64