[ZF] Reminder: 2012 Zope Foundation Board Elections and General Meeting

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Mar 15 23:00:42 UTC 2012

Hi all,

A quick reminder: The 2012 Zope Foundation Board Elections and General Meeting is happening tomorrow (March 16) at 15:00 UTC on IRC (#zope-foundation on irc.freenode.net). The agenda is published here:

http://foundation.zope.org/board/agenda-agm-20120316

Two points are missing on this agenda: We wanted membership input for selecting the next Zope release manager and deciding on a new revision control system strategy for the software packages published by the Zope Foundation. However, due to time constraints we were unable to complete gathering input and then prepare finished proposals ready for voting.

Instead of handling this business at the meeting we decided to uncouple it: I will kick off the discussion on the foundation mailing list after the general meeting with the current set of ideas and proposals, this will take place either this weekend or early next week. Then I'm going to try and distill the board proposals and membership feedback into a set of proposals the membership can vote on in calendar week 15 (the week after Easter), using an email vote similar to the procedure we use for board elections in those years when we have more candidates than open board seats.

My apologies for missing the original deadline for these proposals. I hope the new timetable is acceptable to everyone.

jens

--
Jens Vagelpohl
Member and Secretary, Zope Foundation Board of Directors