[Fredericksburg-ZPUG] Fifth Fredericksburg, VA ZPUG Meeting

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Mon Oct 10 11:51:10 EDT 2005

Please join us October 12, 7:30-9:00 PM, for the fifth meeting of the
Fredericksburg, VA Zope and Python User Group ("ZPUG"). Learn about
Python configuration of Asterisk, an open source VOIP! Free food!
Rob Page, Zope Corporation CEO and President, will present a
technical session on Asterisk [1] installation, configuration and
operation. A brief discussion of connections to the public telephone
network and internet telephony providers will be presented.

Hadar Pedhazur, Zope Corporation Chairman of the Board, will present
a technical session on call handling and processing using Python
extensions to Asterisk.

We will also serve delicious fruit, cheese, and soft drinks.

We've had a nice group for all the meetings. Please come and bring
friends!

We also are now members of the O'Reilly and Apress user group
programs, which gives us nice book discounts (prices better than
Amazon's, for instance) and the possibility of free review copies.
Ask me about details at the meeting if you are interested.

General ZPUG information
When: second Wednesday of every month, 7:30-9:00.

Where: Zope Corporation offices. 513 Prince Edward Street;
Fredericksburg, VA 22408 (tinyurl for map is http://tinyurl.com/duoab).

Parking: Zope Corporation parking lot; entrance on Prince Edward Street.

Topics: As desired (and offered) by participants, within the
constraints of having to do with Python.

Contact: Gary Poster (gary at zope.com)

[1] From www.asterisk.org: Asterisk is a complete PBX in software. It
runs on Linux, BSD and MacOSX and provides all of the features you
would expect from a PBX and more. Asterisk does voice over IP in many
protocols, and can interoperate with almost all standards-based
telephony equipment using relatively inexpensive hardware.

Asterisk provides Voicemail services with Directory, Call
Conferencing, Interactive Voice Response and Call Queuing. It has
support for three-way calling, caller ID services, ADSI, SIP and H.
323 (as both client and gateway). Check the Features section for a
more complete list.

Asterisk needs no additional hardware for Voice over IP. For
interconnection with digital and analog telephony equipment, Asterisk
supports a number of hardware devices, most notably all of the
hardware manufactured by Asterisk's sponsors, Digium™. Digium has
single and quad span T1 and E1 interfaces for interconnection to PRI
lines and channel banks as well as a single port FXO card and a one
to four-port modular FXS and FXO card.