[Fredericksburg-ZPUG] ZPUG moved to February 15; upcoming schedule

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Wed Feb 1 10:35:04 EST 2006

Hi all.  Thank you very much for your notes, on the list and personally.

On the basis of the comments received, I've decided to move the ZPUG
to February 15: we will not have one on February 8.

That means that the February 15 agenda will be the following:

- Benji York will review the O'Reilly book about the Twisted network
programming framework, with Zac Bir and Gary Poster chiming in
occasionally.

- Christian Theune (and Chris McDonough?  what do you think Chris?)
will talk about the ZODB blob support work

- Christian Theune will talk about the C2 certification process of
Zope 3 and lead a discussion about it.

The next meeting, March 8, will have two of the following three
presentations, TBD:

Zac Bir will present an app on Mac OS X using Twisted.

Gary Poster will present a ZODB app using Twisted (a ground-up
rewrite of the Zope 2 zasync product)

Brian Lloyd will present on IronPython, the project led by Microsoft
employee Jim Hugunin to implement Python in the .NET/Mono common
language runtime, with a 1.0 beta 2 release just a few days ago.

**If you have a lightning talk (five or ten minute presentation or
discussion) for March 8 let me know**

April 12 will have the other presentation that didn't happen on March
8, plus hopefully one other big presentation or discussion and maybe
a lightning talk or two.

**If you have a lightning talk or full presentation for April 12 or
later let me know**

Thanks again, everyone.  Christian, we look forward to hearing from
you (I'll be in touch with details)!

Gary