[Grok-dev] Re: XMLRPC bug

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Dec 13 05:35:08 EST 2006

Hi,

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Christian Theune wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>> I just noticed that the XMLRPC code is publishing *way* too many
>>> methods, including, say, __hash__ and __weakref__ and such. Another
>>> candidate for bugfix + test. I'm not going to do it, so one of the other
>>> grok contributors will have to contribute. Hint, hint. :)
>> Hmm. I was trying to write a test to prove that behaviour. In our
>> existing ftest this doesn't happen. E.g:
>>
>>    >>> server.mammoth.__hash__()
>>
>> Doesn't give me anything but a 404 (as expected).
>>
>> Do you have any other example for me?
>
> Just to send the reply on-list:
>
> It's interesting that the views don't seem to get exposed in the
> browser. It does appear from the code that no special care is taken to
> skip __foo__ functions, so views seem to be registered for them.

Right. Reason: The examples you gave are either slots or attributes.
I've gotta try it with e.g. __reduce__ because that seems to be a method.

I wonder how to find out what names where defined in the class and
aren't derived from the superclass.

Unfortunately since I last checked there is a regression and the xmlrpc
serverproxy fails. /me wonders why.

Christian