[Grok-dev] Re: XMLRPC-Tests failing

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Dec 13 07:57:01 EST 2006

Hi,

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Christian Theune wrote:
>>> Damn.
>>>
>>> Those tests started failing for me after Zagy told me that they fail for
>>> him. I couldn't spot a change in Zope 3.3 that would trigger this and am
>>> quite sure those tests worked a few days ago.
>>>
>>> Anybody else experience breakage of the xmlrpc tests?
>> Nope. I didn't do a fresh install, but I did do a bin/buildout and then
>> a bin/test and everything works for me.
>
> Note that I just did a test in grok, as you posted this to the grok
> list. I see on the zope 3 list that you report some failures there too.

Yup. And I'm going to clear this up. I was trapped by two independent
tests from two different projects fail the same way and had a bogus
cross-check added to Zope 3 itself also fail. Everything in Zope 3 and
grok is fine. I had a broken test in grok, and the broken test from the
third project was because the view actually wasn't defined in the test,
so everything's back to normal.

Just a very bad place of many independent tests failing in the same way,
bullying me into believing something in the core was broken.

Christian