[Grok-dev] Re: applyChanges and add forms

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 16 09:00:16 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 4/15/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
[snip]
> I agree. I'd say we want to enhance Zope's applyChanges to not expect
> the field value on the object. At least that's the most straight-forward
> thing I can think of -- and it would go along with what I expect from
> applyChanges.

For edit forms applyChanges does the correct thing. It checks whether
the values really have changed, and if not, then no database
transaction needs to be triggered so the values aren't set in the
first place.

For add forms this doesn't work. We could either overload grok's
applyChanges so it just stores stuff for add forms, or we could
consider another method to do the equivalent. The method is after all
called apply*Changes*, and we're not applying changes. We're applying
it for the first time.