[Grok-dev] Re: Proposal: IGrokDefaultBrowserLayer

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:27:08 EDT 2007

On 4/16/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> 1.) An easy definition (and compatible with our current understanding of
> Grok view security) would be "Grok's publication is enabled" (IOW, the
> 'grok' package is present and being loaded).

I actually prefer this, as I suspect that this would enable us to not
only ignore the ZMI and all other views, but in the eggy future not
include them, and nobody would notice. :-)

> One nice side-effect of the first and easy definition of "Grok mode"
> would be that Rotterdam and all those other views would simply be gone.
> That can be seen as a disadvantage, obviously ("hey, where's my foolder
> listing view?").

One of the parts of my "vision" of the future with Grok is that Grok
is low down in the hierarchy of the world, meaning that the folder
listing should be made with Grok, and if it isn't, well to heck with
it! :-)

One of the reason for this is that we do NOT want to end up, once
again, with several parallel ways of doing things, because that
requires a developer to know and understand all of them.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64