[Grok-dev] Re: menus

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 23 15:46:57 EDT 2007

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 4/23/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> This is just to start off some investigation of menus, as I'm starting
>> to feel the need for them.
>>
>> Zope 3 has a menu infrastructure I've used though never fully
>> understood. I've been trying to digest this text about it:
>>
>> http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/publisher/browser/menu.txt?rev=67630
>>
>> but I'm still trying to understand it.
>
> Yeah, that seems like an overly complicated description.

[explanation]

Thanks for this explanation. I will read the document again after
reading this. :)

> So, it should be quite straightforward, really. a grok.Menu, a
> grok.MenuItem and a grok.SubMenuItem, all of which more or less only
> need to subclass the zope3 objects that are already there. And a
> grokker tyo register them automatically.
>
> Or am I missing some complexity?

I have no idea. :) Example code please? How do I create a menu with some
menu entries? What if I want my view (or skin, or whatnot) to appear in
a menu somewhere? What would I write to actually use a menu?