[Grok-dev] Re: grok.define_role

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 03:59:32 EDT 2007

> Yes, I'd say so. Note that the *name* (=id) of a permission should be a
> dotted name (e.g. 'my.NicePermission') while the *title* should be a
> text explaining what it is (e.g. "A nice permission"):

Right.

>    class NicePermission(grok.Permission):
>        grok.name('my.NicePermission')
>        grok.title('A nice permission')

I *hope* I have a bit of time to work on this before I leave for my
vacation comming weekend. It should not be very hard to implement.

One question though: are we now at a point in Grok's lifecycle where
we need to formally deprecate features when we think of better ways?
Or can we still "refactor mercilessly'?

Kind regards,
jw
--