[Grok-dev] Re: Grok and Ajax : KSS ?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Aug 2 16:53:39 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> Anyway, Grok already has somewhat rudimentary Ajax support in the form
>>> of JSON views. I've done a very very simple KSS integration that I'll
>>> be happy to share. I'll see if I can check it into my Sandbox on
>>> svn.zope.org later today.
>> It turns out, kss.core no longer works on Zope 3 because of some code
>> the KSS developers introduced. It seems they don't actually do any
>> testing on Zope 3.
>>
>> I've already addressed the issue on the KSS list.
>
> Has any progress been made on this since then?

I suspect the KSS developers are being spanked a lot from the Plone camp
so that we can iron out the last issues for 3.0 final.

I know Balazs and Godefroid (and I!) care a lot about making KSS have a
wider audience, and I think it's a good fit.

At least, the KSS approach fits my brain. I'm not 100% I'd use it if I
really wanted to build Flickr or something ridiculously AJAX-driven
where it was more "a JS app with some HTML presentation" than "an HTML
app with some JS polish and UI improvements". Maybe I would, but then
writing JS more directly may help. For a lot of the CMS-y type
applications people build with Zope technologies, though, I've found KSS
to be a very good and well-structured approach. It's also easy to work
with and pretty easy to learn.

Martin

--
Acquisition is a jealous mistress