[Grok-dev] Testing tutorial

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Sat Aug 11 14:16:56 EDT 2007

Dear Grokkers,

the testing mini-howto now covers the IMVHO most important kinds of
testing. The ReST file is currently (until the merge with the trunk
happens) available here:

http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/ulif/grok-adminui-experimental/doc/minitutorials/testing.txt

You can view a rendered version here:

https://gf1.gnufix.de/~uli/grok/doc/minitutorials/testing.html

This text is by no means authoritative, but an attempt to make that
complex topic somehow more concrete for tutorial purposes. Main problems
so far are:

(1) the tutorial is far too long (about 1.000 lines yet, although it can
be completed in a reasonable amount of time, I think),

(2) important things are missing

(3) there certainly are many lies incorporated.

I therefore would really appreciate reviewing by you gurus :-)

Luciano, I impudently stole your example doctests (a bit modified) for
the how-to and hope you don't mind.

Cheers,

--
Uli