[Grok-dev] Re: Keeping indexes up to date

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Aug 12 15:48:54 EDT 2007

On 12 Aug 2007, at 21:40 , Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Alternatively you can safely entirely ignore the second argument to
> the ObjectModifiedEvent.

I disagree (see below and my other email for reasons).

> I'm not sure whether the catalog indexing code actually makes use
> of it but it certainly works without it.

It works without it (it simply has to), but that doesn't mean the
whole indexing story can't be made more efficient if we actually
*had* this kind of information to go along with the event.

I don't see why you couldn't simply send along the information if you
already know it. It's not like Luciano doesn't have this information
at hand when he's sending the event. It also costs 1 more line of
code (and an appropriate convenience helper may event cut down on
that, in case you're worrying about that).