[Grok-dev] Re: Patch to grokproject

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Aug 13 10:06:07 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2007, at 19:33 , Luciano Ramalho wrote:
[snip]
>> But I agree that a good framework should reduce the need for
>> boilerplate code to a minimum.
>
> Right. Grok should probably grow a little bit of code that would make
> the testing boilerplate in grokproject superfluous, or at least reduce
> it to a minimum...

While I can see grokproject generating the crufty test boilerplate for
convenience reasons *temporarily*, I'd prefer to put our energies into
this: making testing easier in grok, using the martian infrastructure to
find tests.

The danger of temporarily generating boilerplate is that people's
priorities to fix the *real* problem will be decreased, and we'll be
stuck with the boilerplate forever. That said, if get a volunteer
commitment to really fix this within a few months, so we can take out
the boilerplate generation stuff again, we could extend grokproject to
be a temporary cruft-generator...