[Grok-dev] Feedback GROK Admin GUI

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue Aug 14 04:40:47 EDT 2007

In the main screen, if I add an application and then click [object
browser] I plunge into the object documentation. I would rather
organise it as two tabs...

  -object browser
  -class documentaion

The class documentation page has a nicer layout than the object
documentation page (I am guessing the latter is a work in progress,
if not -- please fix it :) ).

Having a filter at the top of the class documentation would be great
so one quickly can find a specific keyword.

I suggest changing the <h2> header colour to subtle grey. They are
not the most important information on the page, and the strong colour
is a bit distracting. Maybe the keywords should be the warm orange
colour instead.

Is it possible to add a third tab...

  -class implementation

...that contains the actual code of the class (with references to the
files). It is a pain to find ones way in the factored djungle of
code. :)

I would suggest using inverted text for the object name header. Just
to emphasize when one is browsing an object and not a class.

I also agree with Martijn that it might be a good idea to merge this
sooner rather than later. It looks rahter useful as it is. :) This
would also give more feedback.

Mvh Sebastian