[Grok-dev] Re: buildout and download errors [was: admin-UI: merge tonight]

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Thu Aug 16 09:08:51 EDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> >       Download error: (-2, 'Name or service not known')
>
> I have never experiences this problem. It smells like a connection or
> DNS failure of some sort.

I sometimes get those errors myself, but I agree with Philipp they
should be local problems to our setups. But buildout should be able to
handle these kinds of problems more gracefully by default (perhaps it
does, but is not very clear about it). When I get one of those I don't
know which downloaded parts were affected and my reaction is also to
start all over again.

> By the way, a *great* way to speed up the "buildout -n" process or
> the first time buildout runs is to use ppix, http://download.zope.org/
> ppix (the page constains instructions on how to use it with Buildout).

Thanks for that tip!

Regards,

Luciano