[Grok-dev] Bug on Linux and Windows [was: Bug on windows]

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Fri Aug 17 08:02:55 EDT 2007

Hello Grokkers,

Am Donnerstag, den 16.08.2007, 15:19 +0200 schrieb Max M:
> While:
>    Installing.
>    Getting section app.
>    Initializing section app.
>
> An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
> recipe being used:
>
> ImportError:
> No module named schemaless
>
> Is there any restrictions on where the egss should be placed? I just
> chose the default location.

the same error appeared yesterday on a *Linux* machine of one of the
guys of the local user group. He is reading this list, so he might give
more infos himself. This seems not to be a windows-only problem.

Later on I ran into similar trouble myself, when trying to buildout the
martian package:

-------------------------------
$ ./bin/buildout
Develop: '/home/uli/WorkShop/devel/zope/grok/tmp/martian/.'
While:
  Installing.
  Getting section test.
  Initializing section test.

An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:

DistributionNotFound:
zope.testing
--------------------------------

The funny thing is, that zope.testing was available in the standard eggs
dir. The other guy with the 'schemaless' problem also had ZConfig (the
package containing schemaless) installed. So, why could buildout not
find those already installed packages/modules?

I tried to investigate, placed the zope.testing egg at every location,
you can think of, tried to include it in setup.py/buildout.cfg but no
success :-/ Also quite strange: I have *no* problems at all with grok
buildouts, which use zope.testing and the same eggs directory as well.

BTW: I could circumvent my problem by setting the PYTHONPATH to the
zope.testing egg when running buildout.

Any ideas anybody?

Cheers,

--