[Grok-dev] Re: The Grok Learning Curve

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Sun Aug 19 08:02:00 EDT 2007

Hey Martijn,

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 19:15 +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> * when people *do* post recipes to the mailing list, we have a follow
> up. i.e. the recipe doesn't just sit there without any replies, but
> people take it, restructured text it, check it in, and get it online.
>
> I've been trying to make sure this happens, and when prompted, people
> help very well with restructured-textifying it and putting it online.
> But I got a bit worried a while ago when I caught up with the mailing
> list and noticed there were two great recipes sitting on the mailing
> list and nobody bothered to take up the authors on it.

Fair call. I agree there may be one or two `recipes` (security is one me
thinks) that haven't reached svn.zope.org/grok/trunk/doc/minitutorials.
If the authors can't write to svn then sing out on the list.

The term `recipes` appears to have stuck (that was my +1), if no -1's in
the next week I'll edit grok/trunk/doc/* and www accordingly and also
move `minitutorials` on svn to `recipes`.

Best regards,
Darryl