[Grok-dev] Grok without PAU now!

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Mon Aug 20 12:48:10 EDT 2007

Am Montag, den 20.08.2007, 18:20 +0200 schrieb Martijn Faassen:

> Yes, go ahead. This should resolve Wichert's problem hopefully. I'm not
> sure on the details on what broke, but don't want to be confronted with
> it myself either. :)

Done.

For all of you, which already installed the PAU-enabled version: chances
are high, that you first must get rid of it. Because the PAU is in the
ZODB, a pure SVN-update won't save you, unfortunately.

For a smooth upgrade from a PAU-enabled version, you can do the
following. I see three options:

A)
 1) stop your running Zope.
 2) start in debug mode:

     $ bin/zopectl debug
     >>> import zope
     >>> sm = root.getSiteManager()
     >>> sm.unregisterUtility(name=u'',
     ...   provided=zope.app.security.interfaces.IAuthentication)
     >>> sm.unregisterUtility(name=u'Users', provided=
     ...  zope.app.authenticatiion.interfaces.IAuthenticatorPlugin)
     >>> del sm['authentication']['Users']
     >>> del sm['authentication']

 3) restart Zope

B)
 You can also just update from svn and kill the Data.fs before restart
 if there is nothing important in it.

C)
 You should be able to use the Zope3-ZMI to unregister the PAU if you
 didn't change your site.zcml:

 1) go to localhost:8080/@@contents.html

 2) in the menu on the left you should be able to reach below 'top'->
    '++etc++site++' -> authentication -> Users

 3) unregister 'Users' using the tab.

 4) go to 'authentication' and unregister this as well.

Sorry for the trouble!

Kind regards,

--
Uli