[Grok-dev] Re: grok 0.9.1 release tomorrow

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Aug 20 13:27:53 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I'm planning on making a grok 0.9.1 release tomorrow (tuesday 21 august)
> which should include all the recent changes. This will likely trigger a
> release of martian and other dependencies as well.

Yay!

> If you have any changes 'halfway', please either finish them or move
> them to a branch so we can make the release. Please reply to this if you
> have any comments about the release ('please make sure you release
> dependency X too').
>
> Features, among others, in this release, include:
>
> * admin UI included
>
> * Grok should work on windows (I need to release an updated
> zc.zope3recipes for this as well)
>
> * messages infrastructure included
>
> * many smaller changes and bugfixes
>
> This release will step away from the 'direct SVN releases'

Yes, time to end that madness. I suggest svn rm'ing setup.cfg once and
for all. If we decide that we still would like to do continuous
releases, it's easy to do with

   python setup.py egg_info -rb.dev sdist

> we'll number
> our releases 0.9.x for the time being, until we feel ready to switch to
> 1.x. Note that we'll be adding features in the third release indicator
> for a while - if we have pure bugfix releases that'll be 0.9.1.1. For
> now we'll focus on the trunk though.

Ugh, 0.9.1.1... This smells like Silva. Then again, maybe not too
surprising that it's coming from you :).

Seriously, I think three digits are enough. And if we can't reach 1.0
with a couple of 0.9.x releases, I think we're doing something wrong...

> After this release, I'd like to start getting a bit stricter about
> recording changes. I will start a CHANGES.txt file and if you make a
> bugfix or feature change to Grok, please update it with a brief
> description of your change.

+100