[Grok-dev] Sample code creating and registring a SimpleVocabulary?

Kevin Smith kevin at mcweekly.com
Tue Aug 28 11:49:09 EDT 2007

Here's one of the ways to do it.

Kevin Smith

from zope import schema
from zope.schema.vocabulary import SimpleVocabulary

VARIETALS = """Cabernet Franc
Cabernet Sauvignon
Chardonnay
Chenin Blanc
Claret
Gewurztraminer
Grenache
Malbec
Marsanne
Merlot
Petit Syrah
Petit Verdot"""

class VarietalsSource(object):
    def __call__(self, context):
        values = VARIETALS.splitlines()
        return  SimpleVocabulary.fromValues(values)

grok.global_utility(VarietalsSource,
                    provides=schema.interfaces.IVocabularyFactory,
                    name=u'VarietalsSource')