[Grok-dev] Pushing for 1.0

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Dec 19 10:57:21 EST 2007

Howdi,

Am Mittwoch, den 19.12.2007, 11:31 +0100 schrieb Jan-Wijbrand Kolman:
> It's been a little quiet on the Grok-development-front lately. That's no
> criticism(!), we're all very busy and I think most of the features that
> you would want from Grok are there and working great - I know it is for me!
>
> In other words, I think it would be very good to see if we can start the
> new year with a 1.0 release of Grok!
>
> Personally, I think I can spend some time on this in the second week of
> January.

Hmm. Dunno for me. Maybe I can kick in a weekend. Sorry that I was so
silent for a while.

> How do others think about this?
>
> What kind of issues do you think we really should address before going 1.0?

I'd like to see a simplification of the admin UI (especially the
browser) from a usability perspective.

A feature that I would think would be valuable would be to have some
mechanism that automatically picks up tests. That would be awesome. In
general I agree to the conservative release though.

Actually I would also propose that people review their projects for
patterns that should be handled by the framework. IMHO 1.0 shouldn't be
just shiny from a bug perspective but also the developer usability
should be 'bug free'.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany