[Grok-dev] Re: guidance for incorporating XSLT as alternative templating mechanism?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 03:44:02 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 8:10 AM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Anyway, Lennart Regebro needs to be in this conversation, as I hope we
> can push the templating language mechanism in Grok 0.11 work for XSLT too.

Well, creating XML isn't a problem of course.
Transforming it can eitehr be done in SWGI or in the theminghook.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/2007/09/29/grok-sprint-report-on-theming/
http://svn.zope.org/z3c.themehook/

I'm planning of doing some Deliverance style-things in that themehook,
but I don't want to use XSLT as a language as it is too complicated to
learn, and I don't plan on requiring XML in. I don't think I have any
time to implement that any time soon, my pro bono time in X-mas will
be on Plone4ArtistsCalendar 1.1, and then I need to fix viewlets, and
THEN I can get back on implementing things for the theming hook.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64