[Grok-dev] New sample app: LoginDemo
luciano at ramalho.org
Sat Dec 29 02:14:20 EST 2007
Inspired by the fantastic "Useless Account"  I decided to write a
little Grok sample app showing how to do basic user account creation
and logins .
Most of the code I lifted from Kirbi, and a few lines from the great
Permissions Tutorial  by Luis, Uli and JW.
As a result of this exercise in isolating this code, I came to the
conclusion that this stuff is a bit too complicated in Grok.
As we move to a 1.0 I believe this functionality should be made easier
to setup and use. Perhaps one of our "sensible defaults" could be the
combination of a PrincipalFolder with SessionCredentialsPlugin
preconfigured in our Grok.Application (or a subclass of that).
Main features (from the README.txt):
- top bar displays user data and login status
- links in top bar change according to login status
- user can create own account
- a list of created accounts can be seen in the member listing page
- member listing page is protected by permission, requiring user log in
- good functional test coverage (see text files in src/logindemo/ftests)
There are some todos as well. See the README.txt.
More information about the Grok-dev