[Grok-dev] Re: RFC: Making the automatic registration of templates more explicit

ct at gocept.com ct at gocept.com
Sat Feb 3 10:10:57 EST 2007

Sorry for catching up so late. I'm trying to remember everything that
popped up in my mind while reading this thread.

1. I like grok.template('asdf') on a module level in opposition to
"consume all templates".

1a. To shorten this spelling we could allow grok.template('a', 'b', 'c',
...).

1b. We do also have the templatedir() directive right?

2. I notice that the use of classes for views is not the same as in Zope 3
itself. In Zope 3, due to a third component that does the view
registration, a class and a template can be used with multiple instances
of the opposite thinge (one template for multiple views with different
classes, one class for multiple views with different templates). Maybe, as
for the adapters and utilities, we need to come up with a module-level
grok.view(class=, template=, ...) registration?

Christian