[Grok-dev] Re: ClassGrokkers and component_class and component base classes

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 05:35:26 EST 2007

> I would be surprised if the 'grok.components' module was grokked. If it
> actually is being grokked, I would say it shouldn't.

grok.components is not grokked indeed. I was jumping to conclusions.

> In general I think it'd be useful to be able to tell grok "don't grok
> this thing". There is undocumented behaviour in the GrokkerRegistry that
> makes sure classes whose names end in "Base" aren't grokked, but I think
> something more powerful is necessary.

Well, actually adding a class level grok.baseclass() directive (or
having the class name end in 'Base', but I like the directive slightly
better) does work indeed and was what I was looking for. I even knew
it existed, but somehow I got confused somewhere along the line.

Thanks for you reply, it got my thoughts straight again :-)

regards,
jw

--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman