[Grok-dev] grok tutorial

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Feb 27 12:32:04 EST 2007

Hi there,

I've just updated the Grok tutorial with significantly more content. It
still only covers a fraction of Grok (and some should be for the
reference anyway), but it does say a lot more than it did before. I've
tried to gear it to beginners who haven't used Zope before, so some of
it is really basic, but it is hopefully still useful for those who do
know Zope.

Here is the raw restructured text:

http://svn.zope.org/grok/trunk/doc/tutorial.txt

I've also put up a pretty HTML copy (not promised to be up to date) up
here (temporarily):

http://faassen.n--tree.net/grok_tutorial.html

Feedback is appreciated - pleased send it to the list. Also feel free to
extend the text. Be inspired by the use cases in
doc/design/grok_beginner.txt (which is *incorrect* and *out of date*,
but still useful as inspiration). I'll assume the editor role for the
whole document, but feel free to write away!

If you do decide to edit the document, it would be nice if you could
keep us up to date on the list about your plans.