[Grok-dev] Re: Initial Grok web site for 0.9

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Feb 28 02:44:04 EST 2007

Kevin Teague wrote:
> Latest static page:

One more comment. The page says:

# Grokstar aims to be a sample blogging application for Grok.
# Grok Wiki aims to be a sample wiki application for Grok.

This is perhaps not entirely correct. Grokstar in particular aims to be
a full-fledged blogging application eventually, and it's using Grok.
Because it's an early application that uses Grok, it's more of a Grok
test-bed application than a sample application.

Grokwiki right now is more of a sample application, as it's not
developed independently of Grok and nobody seems to be driving it to be
a full-featured wiki.

We think test-bed applications at this stage of Grok's development are
perhaps more important than sample applications, as developing them we
can also think about how to improve Grok itself. Though as time
progresses and Grok matures, we need more sample applications, of course.

It's still fine to link to these applications. Perhaps say the following
instead:

* Grok Wiki is a simple wiki application written with Grok.

* Grokstar is a blogging application being developed with Grok.