[Grok-dev] Re: grok.PageTemplate and content types

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jan 11 10:56:45 EST 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
> I already did this in grok svn, so that changes to filesystem ZPTs
> wouldn't require a Zope 3 restart.
>
>> 2) Sniff the template content in grok.components.PageTemplate.__init__
>> and to set the content_type attr on the instance accordingly.
>
> We could make this quite explicit using the file extension, for example.
> 'foo.pt' would be text/html and 'foo.xpt' would be text/xml.

That's too big of a change; people would need to change their extensions
and rename lots of files just because they want to make their templates
XHMTL and add a bit to the header? I'd prefer to reserve different
extensions for different page template engines altogether.

Is the sniffing too magic? Do people trip up because of this in Zope?