[Grok-dev] martian branch merged

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Mon Jul 2 21:24:56 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 09:47 -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:
> To clarify, Darryl is working with the skins only branch. No viewlets.

To clarify further. Darryl, that is to say, I, have created a branch
(grok/branches/darrylcousins-branch) in which I'm working towards
duplicating z3c.formdemo as a grokked demo package.

I'm all over the place in there. My starting point has to begin getting
my head around the z3c patterns of templates/layouts/viewlets/layers
which the formdemo uses. Although I began with making changes to
src/grok I've rejected that in favour of megrok packages. The branch has
already:

megrok.view
megrok.layer
megrok.viewlet
megrok.template

to come will be megrok.pagelet (...) and finally megrok.formdemo.

Now that martian is in the trunk (thanks Martijn) I'll merge
trunk/src/grok back into my branch/src/grok today so that I am working
with the trunk grok. Then if this all comes to fruition I'll separate
out the megrok packages (if necessary into a different namespace
altogether, ie not megrok, depending on the agreement of the community).

My method is to look at z3c zcml directives and come up with a megrok
package to match (more or less). So, for example:

z3c:template is megrok.template.TemplateFactory used by
megrok.view.TemplateView
z3c:layout is megrok.template.LayoutFactory used by
megrok.view.LayoutView

In the formdemo views is a lot of repeated boilerplate code that I hope
to thin out with the megrok packages as well as throwing out the zcml.

I'm not sure as yet where I am to go with z3c.form and z3c.formui
because I haven't got there yet.

I'll keep you all posted when I think it is worth checking out.

Best regards,
Darryl