[Grok-dev] Re: Local permissions?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jul 5 09:50:11 EDT 2007

Luis De la Parra wrote:
> Sebastian Ware wrote:
>
>> If someone explains security to me, I will be happy to write a mini
>> tutorial for newbies (such as myself) :)
>
> well.. I didn't know how to explain it if not with a mini tutorial, so here
> it goes. Feel free to change it and publish it somewhere if you think it's
> any good. --it has stuff about Forms and PAU, but I couldn't find a way to
> strip that and still leave a good use-case example.
>
> I don't know if the text-format is ok, or if there is a way to actually run
> the examples like some kind of doctest.  Anyways... It would be a good if
> someone who really knows about this could review it.  I extracted it from a
> test-application I played with yesterday and it's working here, but I don't
> know if I got everything correct.

Thanks very much for this document! Sebastian, since you asked for this
information, could you review the document? :)

It would be good if someone with some experience on Zope 3 permissions
could review it in more detail. I just skimmed it and it looks good, but
my Zope 3 security skills are currently somewhat rusty.

Darryl, could you follow this thread and when you think it's ready check
this document in and publish it on the website in our new howto section?
Publish it sooner rather than later - I think the value of having an
unreviewed document with useful clues in it now is higher than having a
perfect document appear much, much later or getting lost.