[Grok-dev] About the grok.name() annotation

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Fri Jul 13 16:21:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 20:53 +0200, Sebastian Ware wrote:
> My two pennies...
>
> I got the grok.name('view_name') concept quite fast. I am not saying
> I think calling it "name" was exceptionally perfect, but I use it and
> it wasn't too difficult for me to understand the idea that grok.name
> = "what I call it in the URL". It would have been easier if perhaps
> it would have been called grok.url_name().

grok.name is also used in other grokkers (e.g. AdapterGrokker) and
refers the the name by which an component is looked up. I've also reused
grok.name for grokkers of my own making following the convention of
naming the looking up. Without this convention the grok namespace would
become bloated with:

grok.url_name
grok.adapter_name
grok.catalog_name