[Grok-dev] Re: Help installing grok2html

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jul 19 04:52:19 EDT 2007

Hey,

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
> Well, grokproject is for *using* grok to build an application. Then
> there's *developing* grok itself which is an entirely different thing.
> Sometimes I just wonder why we even bother adding INSTALL.txt docs...

I think it makes sense to have an overview pointing out the differences
between these two activities. How to develop with buildout and
grokproject is not immediately obvious, after all. Reading the
zc.buildout cheeseshop page won't help making it obvious, either.

There are a lot of use cases surrounding development:

* I want to develop a grok application but want the ability to change
grok while I'm doing so if I find problems.

* I want to develop a grok application and an extension at the same time.

* I want to develop grok itself without developing a grok application

* I want to regenerate the grok documentation

If we had one document spelling out the (generally) buildout answers
surrounding them, we would make people's life a lot easier.