[Grok-dev] Re: Grok and Ajax : KSS ?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jul 25 08:22:44 EDT 2007

Luciano Ramalho wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>> It's also very unique to the Zope world though - people outside of the
>> Zope world are unlikely to have come across it.
>
> I know that Godefroid and Balazs are trying hard to make KSS something
> not exclusive to Zope. ZPT started as a Zope thing but has been ported
> to other frameworks. I think KSS has an even better chance of
> succeeding at that.

Right, in fact Jeroen presented KSS on TurboGears at this year's EuroPython.

Anyway, Grok already has somewhat rudimentary Ajax support in the form
of JSON views. I've done a very very simple KSS integration that I'll be
happy to share. I'll see if I can check it into my Sandbox on
svn.zope.org later today.