[Grok-dev] I know it sucks, but here goes.... grok.zope.org :)

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Wed Jun 6 23:09:48 EDT 2007

> Keeping it simple, clean:
>
>   http://www.urbantalk.se/DEVELOPER/grok_3/
>   http://www.urbantalk.se/DEVELOPER/grok_3/evaluate

This design is an excellent progression from the previous one.

I think it's a good basis for replacing the existing design.

> There are no bread crumbs, there is no explicit "home-button"
> except the logo. This was an intentional design decision.

I appreciate the a clean, sparse design. I think that the Grok
Navigation sidebar might be improved by moving in this direction.
e.g. perhaps a 1 px dotted horizontal seperator in a low contrast
grey, or even just whitespace between each section?

> Per has created three more Groks. This really makes me feel that
> the "new" grok style is something to be excited about! We could
> create lots of these groks, even personal ones and mix and match
> the faces with bodies to create a really living grok world without
> it being too much of an effort. This could make the GROK community
> really fun and personal but still retaining a distinguishable
> style. These groks are scalable from stamp size to banners the size
> of a building. The style is easy to emulate for a reasonable
> illustrator/freehand artist. :)

This sounds kind of interesting. I've got Lineform on my Mac, can you
make those illustrations available in a vector format?

> One last thing, most of the design elements will be adaptable to
> presentations, printed material etc. I will be happy to create some
> templates.

One comment about the use of the term Grok. Whenever this is
mentioned on the web site, it should be "Grok" and not "GROK" - the
uppercase version makes me think that it's an acronym. Of course the
exception is shouting, "ME GROK SMASH ZCML!". The logo could also
work in all-caps, if we are using a typeface like the one on this
version of the site, since I don't imagine that typeface has mixed case?