[Grok-dev] Re: grok reference - grok.url()

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jun 12 14:51:59 EDT 2007

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
[grok.url()]
> What was the concrete use-case reason again for this function to be
> added in the first place?

grok.url() (versus view.url()) was added by me because I needed to
construct a URL outside of a view. This can for instance happen in a
zc.table based renderer, or in event handlers (though getting to the
request from there is so hairy it deserves getting its own
grok.get_request() function, which could be an alternative way to make
grok.url work without explicit request).