[Grok-dev] How to proceed with Grok character!

Armin C. Stroß-Radschinski developer at acsr.de
Mon Jun 18 15:16:17 EDT 2007

Hi Sebastian,
I am the maintainer  of the "classic" vector grok. I just entered
today the maillist and dived through the threads of this month.
Without knowing whats going on in the parallel cave, I independently
came to the same conclusions on the troubles with the use of the
wooly original pixel based drawings.

I am very interested to see your work, but http://www.urbantalk.se/
DEVELOPER/grok_3/ is down for me.

I am not sure if you have seen the latest flash version of my Grok.
You can download it from
http://www.infopair.com/customer_area/download/grokcavenman10.swf/view

Download the file and drag&drop into a flash capable browser (for
those others, not familiar with plain .swf files).
The scale up and down the window to see the resulting sizes. Under
150 pixel height hand-optimization from the source file is useful.

This is very close to the original with some production related
modifications. An optimisation for very small sizes is not done yet.
As you know, cover-artwork differs from the daily strips in complexity!

This flash file is based on an original as a hierarchical structured
Illustrator drawing, drawn with a pressure sensitive Wacom tablet. We
have full control on line thickness and movement of parts (if the
view-angle fits ;-)

Hope we have a successful exchange!

Armin
--
Armin Carl Stroß-Radschinski, Dipl. Designer
acsr infopair, Landgrafenstraße 32, 53842 Troisdorf, Germany

Telefon +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 94, FAX +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 96
eMail a.stross-radschinski at infopair.com - http://www.infopair.com