[Grok-dev] Re: Installing TextIndexNG3 with Grok

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jun 26 09:39:06 EDT 2007

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> I want to install TextIndexNG3, can I just follow the standard Zope 3
> installation instructions as described...
>

> http://opensource.zopyx.com/helpcenter/textindexng-3/installing-textindexng-3
>

> ...or do I have to perform some additional configuration for Grok?

If you use grok.Indexes, you need to actually add an index of your own.
Take a look at grok's index.py (at the bottom) for two examples.

For experimenting sake, you could modify your copy of grok so it also
provides an index definition for textindexng.

For release and production, I wouldn't want this inside Grok though, as
I think relying on textindexng may be a step too far for Grok at this
point in time. I'd suggest writing an extension package called
'megrok.textindexng' that provides an IndexDefinition for TextIndexNG,
and a dependency to textindexng in its setup.py (I'm hoping that
textindexng is somewhere in the cheeseshop or download.zope.org).

Alternatively you can install the index manually in the Zope 3 catalog.
The utility doctests show you how to do this. It'd be nice if this were
integrated into the indexes subsystem, however.

Note that Zope 3 (and Grok) already ships with a text index that, while
somewhat less powerful than textindexng, still should have quite a few
features.