[Grok-dev] martian merge date

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Tue Jun 26 20:45:00 EDT 2007

Hi Kevin,

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 10:13 -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Hi Darryl,
>
> Thanks for trying out the branch! If you need any help getting it to
> work with martian let me know. AFAIK only a few import statements
> should be affected.

I imported a branch last night: 'darrylcousins-martian-layers' which
merges the faasen-martian branch with your layers branch. I've eggified
the buildout (too late observing that Philipp had made a eggificiation
branch which I need now to compare against mine).

All tests pass, including ftests/view/layer.py and the sanity layer test
in ftests/static. The only point noticed thus far is that I needed to
define grok.context(Mammoth) for all views in ellie.py to avoid a
'Duplication Error'.

> Although I won't have time until August, I should then have about an
> hour a day (off time) for open source.  It sounds like your interested
> in integrating z3c.form into grok. Would you be interested in
> collaborating on this?

I certainly would be, Martijn also expressed an interest in
collaborating when he has the time.

I haven't sorted out a plan of attack as such, but in the next few days
I intend to start attempting a grok-ified 'formdemo' package. I expect
that should help me get started.

Best regards,
Darryl