[Grok-dev] Grok at DZUG, EuroPython

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Mar 16 04:31:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 15.03.2007, 18:27 +0100 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> Hi there,
>
> Originally we've discussed April the potential time for a grok sprint
> here in the Netherlands. While I'm still willing to organize this (for
> late april/early may), I was wondering whether we couldn't better gather
> before the upcoming DZUG in early june, since some of us (Christian,
> myself, and potentially Philipp, Wolfgang?) are already going to be
> there, and we may be able to recruit more people.
>
> Are there sprints planned before DZUG? When? What do people think?

Sprints are planned both before and after DZUG. I won't be there at the
sprint before, because I'll be at the Linuxtag which is in Berlin. I
intend to do some ZODB work in the sprints after DZUG.

> I've just submitted a talk for DZUG titled 'ME GROK SAY HI', which is
> intended to be an introduction to Grok. Does anyone want to give a talk
> about Grok? We could also consider a Grok tutorial, though those run in
> parallel to the conference proper, right?

Ack. BTW: I also submitted a talk to the Linuxtag people for grok and if
someone of you wants to take it, I'd be happy to give it to someone
else. I already submitted a talk on ZODB to them and I don't have to do
two talks. ;)

> Besides DZUG, we should also plan a Grok sprint around EuroPython. This
> would also be an excellent point to recruit more people into our project.

I'm not sure whether I'll be at EP as their planning doesn't seem to
move.

Christian