[Grok-dev] Re: Heads up: applyChanges in EditForms changed

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Mar 16 09:36:57 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Tim Terlegård wrote:
>>>
>>> If I reuse zope3 stuff in my grok application I will have to mix styles.
>>
>> You already have to mix because the Python standard library has no
>> enforced style. grok as a self-contained project uses PEP8 because
>> that's the style the greater Python community has adopted. That's as
>> far as it goes.
>
> I certainly don't recall us deciding this, so it isn't that simple. If
> we had decided this, I'd expect us to have been more consistent, but
> instead we have used cameCasing for methods in places like scan.py,
> templatereg.py and grokker.py. Do you propose we change those too?

Those are all rather private APIs, as far as the users of grok are
concerned. Perhaps it's just my twisted memory, but I do recall a
consensus for PEP8. Perhaps that was just when Theuni and I were pairing.

I do not propose to change the stuff you mention above. I was only
changing it in applyChanges since I was introducing a
backwards-incomaptible change anyway.