[Grok-dev] Portlets (and maybe other skinning).

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Sun Mar 18 04:42:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

This is what I was looking for:

http://www.lovelysystems.com/srichter/2006/09/20/the-skin-browser-and-lovely-systems-new-development-workflow/

Especially these points:

"""
After some progress with the development, we noticed that there was a far too
tight connection between the Python view code and the templates. After some
discussion we were convinced that the Python view code belongs into the layer
and the page templates into the skin.
"""

And:

"""
To take this new approach even further, we also exiled
macros from our development. We are only using one master template that simply
calls all sorts of content providers and viewlet managers. Then we register
viewlets for particular view combinations. This appraoch effectively reduced
pages to a traversal step in the URL and a hook to register content
providers/viewlets.
"""

The Holy Grail?

Sincere regards,